Thinking about contact lenses?
These days, there is a contact lens for almost everyone. Whether you are short-sighted, long-sighted, have astigmatism or need glasses for distance and reading we can help. Reynolds Opticians is proud to be an Acuvue® Centre of Excellence.
Our Optiplan+ care plan includes ALL your professional eye care and provides discounts on spectacles, solutions and accessories as well your contact lenses.
Advantages of Contact Lenses
• Contact lenses (contacts) provide predictable vision correction.
• They eliminate the need to wear eyeglasses all the time
• Contacts provide better side vision than eyeglasses
• A wide range of lens types is available to meet individual needs
• Some people prefer the way they look when wearing contacts rather than eyeglasses
• Contact lenses offer a safe, effective, stable, and reversible alternative to refractive surgery
• Contact lenses can correct almost all eyesight conditions and are suitable for people of all ages
• Adaptation to contact lenses is rapid and trouble-free
Types of Contact Lenses
Lens Wear and Care The type of lens you have determines how you care for it. Disposable extended-wear soft lenses need the least care, and conventional soft lenses need extensive care. To avoid vision-threatening complications, you must carefully follow directions for lens care
Daily disposables Use them once and then throw them away. No-need-to-clean, daily disposable design is particularly good for an active or busy lifestyle
Frequent replacement May be worn continuously for the prescribed wearing period (for example, 7 days to 30 days) and then thrown away. When you remove your lenses, make sure to clean and disinfect them properly before reinserting
Multifocal lenses Innovative optical design allowing you to see clearly at all distances – near, far, and everywhere in-between
Extended Wear Extended wear contact lenses are available for overnight or continuous wear ranging from one to six nights or up to 30 days